Have you ever read a piece of content that seems to ramble on and on without getting to the point? It can be frustrating and a waste of time. This is where “icebergify” comes in – a content strategy that focuses on presenting the most important points upfront and then delving deeper into the details.
What is Icebergify?
Icebergify is a content strategy that involves presenting the most important points of your content upfront, and then gradually delving into the details. This approach is similar to an iceberg – where the tip of the iceberg is visible above water, but the majority of the iceberg is hidden beneath the surface.
By using icebergify, you can grab your reader’s attention early on and keep them engaged throughout your content. This strategy also helps you to convey your main message more effectively, making your content more memorable and shareable.
How to Icebergify Your Content
To icebergify your content, you need to follow these steps:
Determine the Main Point
Start by identifying the main point of your content. This is the message that you want to convey to your audience. Once you have identified the main point, make sure that you can articulate it clearly in one or two sentences.
Create the Supporting Points
Next, create supporting points for your main point. These are the details that help to back up your main message. Think about the most important points that you want to communicate to your audience.
Develop the Iceberg Structure
Now that you have identified the main point and supporting points, it’s time to develop the iceberg structure. This involves presenting the main point upfront, and then gradually delving into the supporting points.
Edit and Refine
Finally, edit and refine your content to ensure that it flows smoothly and is easy to read. Make sure that you have included all of the necessary details, and that the content is well-structured.
Icebergify in Action
Let’s take a look at some examples of content that has been icebergified.
Example 1: News Article
Headline: “Local Community Raises $50,000 for Homeless Shelter”
The main point of this article is that the local community has raised $50,000 for a homeless shelter. The supporting points include how the money was raised, why the money was needed, and how the shelter will benefit from the funds.
In this article, the main point is presented upfront, followed by the supporting points in more detail.
Example 2: Product Description
Headline: “Introducing the World’s Most Comfortable Sneakers”
The main point of this product description is that these sneakers are the most comfortable in the world. The supporting points include the features that make them comfortable, such as the cushioned sole and breathable fabric.
In this product description, the main point is presented upfront, followed by the supporting points in more detail.
There are various tools and techniques that you can use to icebergify your content. Here are some of them:
There are several online tools that can help you to icebergify your content. One of the most popular is the Hemingway Editor, which highlights long, complex sentences and suggests ways to simplify them. Another useful tool is the Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress, which provides suggestions for improving the structure and readability of your content.
If you prefer to do things manually, there are several techniques that you can use to icebergify your content. One of the most effective is to use headings and subheadings to break up your content into smaller, more manageable chunks. This not only makes it easier to read, but it also helps to highlight the main points of your content.
Another technique is to use bullet points and lists to present information in a concise and structured way. This helps to make your content more scannable and easier to understand.
Icebergify is a content strategy that can help you to create more engaging and effective content. By presenting your main point upfront and then gradually delving into the details, you can grab your reader’s attention and keep them engaged throughout your content.
Remember to use tools and techniques such as headings, subheadings, bullet points, and lists to help you icebergify your content effectively. With practice, you’ll be able to create content that is both easy to read and memorable.
- What is the main benefit of icebergifying my content? The main benefit of icebergifying your content is that it helps to grab your reader’s attention and keep them engaged throughout your content. This can lead to higher engagement, more shares, and ultimately, more conversions.
- Can I use icebergify for all types of content? Yes, icebergify can be used for all types of content, including blog posts, articles, product descriptions, and more.
- Is it better to use online tools or manual techniques for icebergifying my content? It depends on your personal preference and the type of content that you are creating. Online tools can be useful for identifying areas for improvement, but manual techniques can be more effective for fine-tuning the structure and readability of your content.
- How can I make my content more scannable? To make your content more scannable, use techniques such as headings, subheadings, bullet points, and lists. These help to break up your content into smaller, more manageable chunks, making it easier to read and understand.
- Where can I learn more about content creation and optimization? There are many resources available online, including blogs, podcasts, and online courses. Some popular resources include Moz, HubSpot, and Content Marketing Institute.